Infrastructure-as-a-Service – Lift, Shift and Optimise
The last seven years have seen the levels of cloud usage accelerate dramatically. We have reached a point where almost all organisations are consciously using cloud-based services to some extent and are realising significant benefits in terms of flexibility, agility and cost as a result.
We are seeing increasing numbers of customers turn to the cloud to meet business strategy and growth goals, and in particular, a rise in the number of businesses moving on-premise IT infrastructure to the cloud.
Why move on-premise IT infrastructure to the cloud?
There are various potential triggers that can prompt organisations to move on-premise IT infrastructure and applications to the cloud, and which include:
- Rising on-premise IT infrastructure costs
- An aging or out-of-support legacy IT infrastructure
- Security threats
- Storage capacity limitations
- Increased agility required to deliver business growth
- Complex availability and disaster recovery needs, a new pandemic
- New compliance regulations.
Benefits of moving to the cloud include:
- Increased agility
- Enhanced security
- Lower costs – for example, through the ability to take advantage of unique cloud offerings, such as paying up front for resources for 1 or 3 years.
Who is the Infrastructure Modernisation service for?
The Infrastructure Modernisation service has been created to support our customers looking to address IT infrastructure challenges and meet business growth and transformation goals.
Whether a single on-premise server, a small comms room or a full-blown data centre, moving to the public cloud delivers increased agility, enhanced security and lower costs.
What does Solution Consultants Infrastructure Modernisation service provide?
Solution Consultants Infrastructure Modernisation service is designed to help businesses transform an existing on-premise or hosted IT infrastructure to Microsoft Azure-based.
Using industry best practice our cloud experts will work in partnership with your team to assess, migrate to and optimise your existing IT infrastructure in the Microsoft Azure cloud, and can provide ongoing service management of your new IT infrastructure.
The service comprises the following phases:
During the assessment phase, our team will:
- Gain a full understanding of your business transformation goals
- Assess and review the existing IT infrastructure and applications to evaluate migration readiness
- Identify a desired future state IT roadmap
- Propose a new cloud solution design to enable you to achieve your business goals.
Based on the output of the assess phase and the agreed target solution, our team will use one of the following methodologies to move your infrastructure to the cloud:
- Rehost: a simple and cost-effective ‘Lift and Shift’ of your existing IT infrastructure to the Microsoft Azure cloud
- Refactor: where possible, we will move appropriate elements of the IT infrastructure to Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions, to drive scalability and cost efficiency gains – for example, by moving existing SQL databases to SQL Azure
- Replace: with this option, there’s transition from an infrastructure-based model to a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution – for example, by moving an on-premise legacy accounting application to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
The optimise phase comprises:
- Analysis and monitoring to manage cloud spend and use, to allocate and trim costs to build towards your next cloud investment
- Use of security and management tools to govern, secure and monitor your cloud investment.
Optional managed services include:
- Monitoring your cloud infrastructure
- Reactive support
- Security and patch management
For more information about Solution Consultants Infrastructure Modernisation service, call any of the Solution Consultants team on 0345 3373838, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.