Deco Glaze project requirements:
Thame based business, Deco Glaze, is Britain’s first, largest and most trusted manufacturer and installer of bespoke colour coated decorative glass splashbacks, glass worktops and glass wall panels. For more information on Deco Glazes products, please check out their website https://decoglaze.co.uk/
Deco Glaze approached Solution Consultants in 2020 to help with a number of challenges across their IT and Telecoms estate including:
- Updating the networking infrastructure onsite
- Improving the wider network resiliency and homeworking experience
- Improving the IT support and expertise
- Ensuring their computers and software were running the most up-to-date versions.
- Improving the network security
- Consolidating their multiple supplier arrangements across broadband, VoIP and mobile
After a detailed review of all current technology, suppliers and costs, we presented a clear proposal and cost comparison, outlining our plan to deliver an improved service across all required areas, as well as reducing costs significantly. After reaching agreement to proceed, we began the project focusing on the following areas:
We quickly implemented a number of changes to improve the resiliency of the IT network starting with an upgrade to their server as the software was approaching end of life. We upgraded the Hyper-V server as well as the virtual machines to the latest version of Windows Server, and once complete we implemented a cloud back-up service for the on-site server. Due to COVID-19, there was a need for users to work from home but still be able to access the systems remotely, so secure VPNs were set up as well. The entire cabling infrastructure across the office and factory was updated to CAT6 out of hours to ensure minimal disruption. We also provided a comprehensive wi-fi network across the site. Once the initial project was complete, Solution Consultants ongoing IT support service commenced ensuring all Deco Glaze users IT issues were dealt with quickly and professionally. Now the initial project is complete, we are rolling out a number of additional services including a migration of users to Office 365, and antivirus for all users.
Our cost analysis exercise showed Deco Glaze were not on the most appropriate tariff and were paying for large data allowances they didn’t need. In addition, large costs were being incurred for out of bundle usage, which we addressed with a bespoke calling plan. We migrated the mobiles to the Vodafone network, and immediately reduced the monthly costs by 20%. Now our proactive alerting and reporting ensures Deco Glaze stay on top of their monthly mobile costs.
The legacy system in place did not support the requirements of a business that needed flexibility for its users, many of whom were working from home. Our Cloud telephony solution was quickly rolled out and Deco Glaze now benefit from added functionality, with users being able to work from home while still making and receiving calls on the office numbers. As with all of our offerings, we delivered a significant cost saving as well.
By partnering with Solution Consultants, Deco Glaze have achieved the following:
- A more resilient and robust IT network, with on-going support from our team of IT experts
- An improved service and cost reduction across both the mobile and cloud telephony solutions
- Solution Consultants are now the sole supplier to Deco Glaze, our support team are on hand to deal with all of their queries quickly and professionally. What used to be managed by four different suppliers is all managed by Solution Consultants.