World-class High Speed Internet for mission critical requirements
Broadband Internet Access, also known as broadband, provides high speed internet access for your business. ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) is a type of broadband. ADSL uses telephone lines but on a different frequency so it can be used at the same time as the telephone.
We offer a comprehensive range of business high speed internet broadband solutions to suit all your requirements. Powered by a world-class network infrastructure and supported by unrivalled customer service and technical support, our business high speed internet is a fantastic solution for all your broadband requirements.
Fibre Broadband for Super
FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) is the latest technology in business high speed internet and data services and makes use of fibre connections to street cabinets that act as mini exchanges. The connection between the street cabinet and customer premises is copper, as with ADSL connection, but as copper performs well over short distances there is now the potential to reach up to 40Mbps download speeds.
Fibre Broadband delivers to the premises over a standard telephone line using a DSL technology(VDSL). Unlike broadband provisioned over ADSL it utilises special equipment installed in new street cabinets which are connected back to the local telephone exchange using high speed fibre optic cables. The benefit of fibre is speed and the shorter the distance the signal travels, the faster the service.
Next Generation Services
Delivered Over Ethernet
Ethernet is now the established and ubiquitous data interface and transport protocol used in the local and private network. This is the most flexible and least expensive data interface to deploy and therefore the most popular. Solution Consultants are now offering full UK coverage for short, medium and long distance data applications. We provide transparent, symmetrical and un-contended or contended (5:1) bandwidth between two Ethernet ports in point-to-point, point-to-multipoint or meshed configurations.
Ethernet offers a flexible bandwidth data service enabling you to link two or more of your sites together across the UK for data application sharing. Bandwidths are available from 1Mbit/s through to 1Gbit/s with fibre access speeds of 10Mbit/s, 100Mbit/s and 1000Mbit/s and EFM access speeds from 1Mbit/s to 10Mbit/s.
EFM (Ethernet in the first mile)
- The Guarantee of Bandwidth – no contention so businesses get the speeds required
- Huge cost savings – over the fibre option and leased lines
- Future proofing – Easy transition to next generation network technology 10Mbps upstream and downstream – higher speeds to cater for growing business demands
- Lines can be delivered in 4 weeks! Compare this to the months sometimes associated with new fibre installs
- Ability to provision bandwidth dynamically – allows for total control to lower or raise speeds as necessary, providing excellent resilience
- A range of choices to meet all needs – services can be provisioned over 10Mb, 100Mb or 1Gb bearers offering complete scalability
MIA (Managed Internet Access)
- Flexibility – customers can easily ‘flex’ their internet bandwidth up and down
- Efficiency – flexing is done quickly with no disruption to the network
- Choice – speed availability between 1Mbps and 1 Gbps
- Options – 2 services available to cater for all requirements – Standard & Resilience
- Service – we manage all aspects of the solution from start to finish
- Support – our highly trained support staff are always available to guide you
- Control – text alerts and e-mails to keep customers updated
- Management – benefit from rapid diagnostics and fault reporting
- Relaxation! – our experienced engineers are always on call for your peace of mind
(Multi-Protocol Label Switching)
MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching) is a cost effective, secure and fully managed network service that allows the connection of geographically dispersed sites.
MPLS is a mechanism for packet forwarding in network routers. Its flexibility allows modern networks to successfully achieve Quality of Service (QoS), next generation VPN services and optical signalling.
MPLS works by tagging packets with an identifier (a label) to distinguish the LSPs (Label Switched Packets). This creates very fast and efficient forwarding engines, as the router can select the label to minimise processing.
The benefit of traffic management migrating to MPLS is greater reliability, increased performance and additional services. MPLS brings performance enhancements through improved network service creation capabilities.
MPLS provides the security of a VPN with superior performance for business critical applications, allowing you to benefit from converging voice, data and video traffic onto the same network.
IP VPN (Virtual Private Networks)
- Full range of access types – to suit all customer requirements for both primary and backup connections
- Any-to-any connectivity – to scale VPNs more easily in order to take advantage of distributed hosting
- Increased cost-effectiveness – as there are no usage-based Permanent Virtual Circuit (PVC) charges and infrastructure costs are shared
- Greater scalability and flexibility – for scalable, flexible access to IP VPNs via access bandwidths ranging from 1Mbit/s to Gigabit speeds
- High levels of resilience – as the core infrastructure is maintained and managed end-to-end by highly trained engineers
- Managed option – we provide the option for a completely managed solution including providing and setting up routers
- Optional Management reporting – demonstrates network performance in real time
- Optional Internet breakout – allows sites to access the Internet via our own core network
IP VPN offers any-to-any connectivity as the service is fundamentally ‘connectionless’. Sites can exchange information without the need to establish fixed links so IP VPN can therefore help scale VPNs more easily in order to take advantage of distributed hosting. This also creates increased cost-effectiveness as there is no usage-based Permanent Virtual Circuit (PVC) charges and infrastructure costs are shared. This, along with our low cost ADSL access solutions, means a corporate grade IP VPN is even more affordable.
We partner with all tier one carriers and offer internet access over their core network with a variety of disaster recovery options, providing reassurance for business critical applications. Internet services are ideal for uncontended, instant, high-quality Internet access. Extended services and management gives you peace of mind that you receive the very best access to the internet.
Services are offered fully managed with choice of router, fire walls and spam fillers. These are also supported by a 24 hour monitoring and maintenance service. This keeps you in full control and allows you to track the performance of your connection switch reports online. Alternatively, we can also provide a wires only service.