What’s Office 365 and why should you care?
For a small business cutting out any unnecessary costs is a vital part to keeping your business running efficiently. Office 365 does a great job to ensure that you’re keeping your costs low as your company grows while also providing you with added functionality.
Office 365 is a cloud based subscription service provided by Microsoft that includes a wide range of services and products; although there are many different licences you can buy; each with different features here is a list of some of what’s offered:
- Exchange Online, which is a business-class hosted e-mail application that provides organizations with access to the full-featured version of Exchange Server without the hefty price tag. It allows users access to email, calendars, contacts and tasks. Depending on your subscription you can get a 50GB mailbox limit or unlimited.
- Microsoft Office which includes Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, One Note, Publisher and Access except you’ll get the added benefit of always having the latest version available to you.
- Microsoft Teams, A unified communications platform that integrates into an organization’s Office 365 suite. Its core features are messaging, calling, video meetings, and file sharing.
- One Drive, a cloud file-hosting service that integrates with your office suite and allows you to access your files from any device as well as allowing you to sync it to your devices.
- SharePoint is a browser based platform that can boost the efficiency and effectiveness of your organisation by enhancing communication, collaboration as well as streamlining the management of and access to your data but it’s so versatile that it will benefit any company.
We’ve recently migrated a local small business over to Office 365, by doing this we have simultaneously saved them money while at the same time providing a better service to their users. Originally, for each user they would purchase a copy of Office 2016 (RRP £229.99), DropBox (£120 per year) to be used as a file share and a Hosted Exchange 2013 mailbox (£50 per year).
These costs can add up quickly but with Office 365 we’ve managed to replace them all with one simple monthly subscription of £9.40 per user. That’s saving them a massive 71.8%, that’s just under £300 better off compared to what they would have spent for a user the previous year.
So, if you’re thinking about making the switch, please get in contact with our sales team who will be more than happy to discuss your needs and what services we can provide for you. Once you’re ready we can migrate all your data and e-mails over with no downtime! Once you’re on Office 365 you can enjoy the benefits of being hosted by Microsoft who can boast a 99.9% uptime meaning you can have peace of mind knowing you won’t lose time and money with outages.