Hardware-as-a-Service (HaaS) is a term you may not be familiar with. However, as a business, it offers a flexible, affordable way to ensure your IT infrastructure is kept up-to-date.
If you’re using Office 365 then you’ll be broadly used to the concept. Office is Software-As-A-Service (SaaS). This is cloud based software that is paid for on a monthly basis. There is the obvious reduction in up-front costs, and installation is quick and easy. Software is constantly updated, meaning you are always on the latest version without having to spend more money. Compatibility issues between software versions becomes a thing of the past.
HaaS allows businesses to spread the cost of the equipment over the course of it’s useful life. This means the business has no large capital outlay, nor ownership of fast deprecating equipment. For the business it’s up-to-date, quality equipment for a simple monthly payment. You are probably doing this already with your mobile phone contracts.
How is Hardware-As-A-Service different to leasing?
Whilst very similar to leasing, the HaaS solution includes some added advantages.
Hardware-As-A-Service from Solution Consultants would normally be part of a fully managed support contract. This means that the solution will be fully installed by our engineers and any installation costs can be included in the monthly cost. The hardware is also fully supported by Solution Consultants. Under a lease arrangement you might be covered under a warranty, however any issue means shipping a unit back to the manufacturer.
At the end of a standard leasing agreement you’ll be faced with various options including keeping the equipment for a final payment, continuing to lease the same equipment or sending it back to the lease company. Solution Consultants Hardware-As-A-Service product we’ll work with you to decide the best option. In most cases this will mean that we come in, upgrade everything to new, up-to-date equipment and you simply continue to pay the same fee. No more worries about ageing equipment or finding capital for new machines.
You can also add to your HaaS agreement, meaning as you grow your business, infrastructure can grow with you and still with no large capital outlay.
Benefits of Hardware-As-A-Service
- Does not require huge up-front payments for an IT hardware refresh, so protects cash flow and may protect lines of credit.
- Access to the latest technology now, without having to wait. This can give you a competitive advantage over your rivals.
- Monthly payments over the term that are fully 100% tax deductible.
- No third-party leasing agreement
- Add hardware to agreement as and when required
- Each HaaS solution is bespoke – length of terms will be agreed based on the useful life of equipment.
- All types of IT Infrastructure hardware can be purchased in this way. Desktop PC’s, laptops, servers, monitors, printers, even firewalls can be purchased using HaaS.
If you’d like to find out more about how a Hardware-As-A-Service solution might suit your business please call us 0345 3373838.